Processor not supported in win11

Edwrd10

Reaction score
Is there a workaround for this 'processor not supported in Win 11?
Will there ever be a workaround for this problem?
I cannot install Win11 on my desktop or my laptop.
My system is not that old. I would have to change my MB and Processor to install.

Bastet

Reaction score
Same for me. There are workarounds but I’ve read that although you can install Win 11 on an unsupported device a user will not receive cumulative updates. This puts me off installing.

Edwrd10

Reaction score
Installing Windows 11 on a device that does not meet Windows 11 minimum system requirements is not recommended. If you choose to install Windows 11 on ineligible hardware, you should be comfortable assuming the risk of running into compatibility issues.

Your device might malfunction due to these compatibility or other issues. Devices that do not meet these system requirements will no longer be guaranteed to receive updates, including but not limited to security updates.

The following disclaimer applies if you install Windows 11 on a device that doesn't meet the minimum system requirements:

A message in Windows 10 explaining that a PC doesn't meet the requirements to upgrade to Windows 11. The message includes a warning not to upgrade because the PC will become unsupported.

Bastet

Reaction score
What I’m going to do is keep Windows 10 until EoL in 2025 then see if I can force install Windows 11. I’ll not lose anything by installing W11 or staying with W10 after that.

Edwrd10

Reaction score
I will keep Windows 10 until Windows 12 comes then I will build a new system. I just built this system 3 years ago and it has a 6 core Intel 3.3Ghz Processor, X99 Motherboard. I refuse to abandon this motherboard and processor over incompatibility with Win 11. My system flies. Everything happens really fast on my system. It purrs like a kitten with Windows 10. One of my Dell Tablets was able to upgrade to Win 11. I don't see much overall improvement other than this new TPM security. They just refaced the menus a little. They actually took away some settings. The new Start Menu is a bit primitive with minimal functionality. There is this Recommended section that takes up half the Menu. The upper section of the Start Menu is a lame area where you can put shortcut icons. I don't even look at that, I go straight to App Programs. Win 11 isn't all that great of an improvement. And with all the incompatibility in Processors and TPM, I recommend staying with Windows 10 till Windows 12 comes out. Don't abandon your Desktop PC. Use it till Win 12 comes out then buy a new PC.

Last edited:

Ask a Question