Ram slots

cosmic52

Reaction score
Thanks for that..It's an age thing, the older you get the more unsure you are of doing things..Can of air ordered thanks for the info.

cosmic52

Reaction score
Well got the ram I needed, but the idiots didn't send the car of air I ordered. So it'll be Monday the very least before I fit it now, hoping to get it done today.:(

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
In 40+ years of doing repair work, in the field, on all sorts of mechanical and electrical machinery, I've never had a "Can of air".
In 99% of locations, you could not use a "Can of air". That just blows dirt everywhere!

I only use compressed air to blow the dust bunnies out of my computers, when I can take the PC outside to my shop, where I have an outside work bench, in reach of the air hose from my Air Compressor, in my shop.
Then, I have to be very careful to never hit the blades of a fan with compressed air, making them turn. A compressed air stream hitting a fan blade can make it turn way faster than it was ever designed to turn, and can even make the blades fly off of the fan. (Please, don't ask me how I know that!)
So, if you're going to use compressed air to blow the dust bunnies out of your CPU cooler, use something to prevent the fan from turning while you blow it out with air.

An alternative cleaning method I've used for years, whether in an office or someone's home, is: A vacuum cleaner, with a hose and crevice tool, and a cleaning brush. Loosen the dirt with the brush and vac it out with the crevice tool right next to the brush. Works great for Keyboards, because compressed air can blow dirt down deeper into the switches.

So, bring a dirty PC to me and I will use the vacuum cleaner and brush, if it's raining, or night time. But if it's a nice day, out to my work shop it goes. Keyboards always get the vac cleaner treatment. That's just the safest!

Cheers Mates!
Shadow :cool:

cosmic52

Reaction score
I think that's the way I'm going, there's no shops that sell canned air round here unless we go into the city. All the pc shops shut or went online round here.

Grizzly

Reaction score
I am not a fan of compressed air as well. Hitting the fans with compressed air can actually damage the motherboard as the fans
will act as a generator.
I use a vacuum cleaner as well to clean my pc's (I have special attachments for that).
The only time I use compressed air is when I have to get the cat hair out of stereo amplifiers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cosmic52

Reaction score
Successful..32gb of ram installed and all cleaned with a new paint brush and canned air..Thanks for every ones help on this project.ram.JPGram.JPG

cosmic52

Reaction score
We're all done now..put the kettle on..meant to close the case but it's not the like Win10 site, so I can't.😂

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Ask a moderator, how to designate a thread as "Solved".
Or maybe one of them could do it for you.
Shadow :cool:

Ask a Question