Request timed out while pinging 8.8.8.8 on Windows 11

lockwar

Reaction score
Hello, recently updated to win 11 ( ~10 days ago). I've been experiencing lags in any games and proceeded to find that when I do for example: "ping 8.8.8.8 -n 50", I get a good amount(5-10) of requests timed out.

All of my network(and not only) drivers are up to date. This happened a couple of times during these 10 days and the fix that worked for me was doing a Network Reset, I haven't manually modified any of the network adapters or other set of networking components so I got no idea what caused this.
I logged into my router and didn't find anyone unwanted attached.

I'm also having quite good stats on the speed test.
12 Ping, 28 Mbps download, 27.50 Mbps upload
I think it's something related with Win11 since I have another PC which is running just fine without request timeouts.. Any idea how I can prevent this from repeating in Win11 or should I just stick to Win10 and see if this continues(didn't happen before tho so my guess is it won't)?

tpl

Reaction score
I tried it on W11. No problems at all consistent reply at 13ms.
My network according to OOKLA on IPV4 12 ping 750 Mbps down 20Mbps up.

I wonder why OOKLA hasn't updated to use IPV6?

Vote:

lockwar

Reaction score
Well, mine's okay aswell but once I start getting those requests timed out, I have to reset network to turn it back to normal. Any tips or logs that I should check? IMO it's related to the drivers somehow because after a reset it's OK.. however I'm not modifying them in any way ...

Vote:

Ask a Question