Screen flickering when clicking and moving cursor?

jennaramstad

Reaction score
Hi!

My Lenovo ideapad 5 laptop recently started to flicker at random times. It seems to do it more when I open a website (it will do it with a website and when I open the same one later, it doesn't do it) and then the screen starts to flash black with white lines across it. It seems to also cause words on the screen to glitch when I move my cursor anywhere?

I don't know anything about computers and have no idea how to fix this. I need this latop for uni so I can't take it so someone to fix, that's probably my last option. It only started doing this after I updated to Windows 11, and it seems to do it more frequently each time. I keep reading that I should update my grapchics driver so I checked and found that i don't have one installed.

Is there anything I could look into or try??

Thanks,
jenna

Reaction score
Maybe the causes of mouse flickers are-

• Video drivers problem
  • Mouse and keyboard drivers problem
  • Windows Explorer problem
  • HP Simple Pass problem
  • Biometric devices problem
  • Antivirus software problem

Find out problems in your PC then fix them
You can also check your cables, monitor the refresh rate to fix mouse flicker.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Open the search icon and type Control Panel, select the result
In the control panel, select "Device Manager"
Scroll down the list and select the "Display adapters"
There may be a device ( graphics driver) listed there, but, whatever, right click Display drivers or anything you see underneath.
Click "Update driver" and then, "search automatically for drivers"
It mat then ask if you would like to search on the internet. Agree and see if it finds a suitable driver. Download and install any driver it finds.
Restart the computer

Vote:

Ask a Question