Screen flickering (Only at nighttime???)

nCylix

Reaction score
So basically yeah, my computer runs fine during the day but at night time it starts to flicker like in the shown video, and it’s weird cause it ONLY happens after 8pm. Here are some fixes tried that failed miserably:

1- update display drivers (tried to all ways, from device manager, from windows directly, and from nVidia and AMD).
2- Roll back display drivers
3- re download display drivers
4- restarting pc (had problem for a couple of days now, since October 23 update)
5- Updating windows
6- checking Hz rate
7- Checking for damage on computer (screen or hardware)
8- disabling windows error reports
9- checking for incompatible apps
10- roll back pc to before the update
11- Checked for viruses
12- Made nVidia my main graphic card to use
13- Factory reset the Pc.

Once again, this only happens at nighttime, I can assure it’s not a virus, and I am starting to loose my mind.

Specs: 144hs ASUS TUF A15, Ryzen 5, GTX 1650

Attachments

• C3CC6F82-1C56-4865-AEC7-3CE6EF09B322.jpeg
    C3CC6F82-1C56-4865-AEC7-3CE6EF09B322.jpeg
    881.5 KB · Views: 18

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Very strange indeed.
Do you maintain a relatively consistent ambient lighting environment both day and night when using the computer? Just in case it might be equipped with a sensor that might be going wonky.
I was reading some posts with similar issues and they mention a product called "FreeSync" which AMD includes as part of their driver package. Since you report you are using nVidia as your primary GPU, it wouldn't seem to apply but it might be worth a look / see, just to make sure it isn't running.
Other than that, I can only suggest that you consider the 8 P.M. factor and whether or not there is a scheduled task kicking off at that time or if you have some sort of advanced power configuration that might be a factor at that time.

I assume this happens on AC power (charger) as well as when it's running on battery?

Ask a Question