Steps Recorder doesn't show pictures

emmapeel12

Reaction score
Hi Forum
I came across a strange situation regarding the Steps Recorder (PSR) from Windows. I have a German Windows 11. I've used it frequently before with Windows 10 and I never had this problem. The PSR works fine and when I finish recording I can see the pictures in the preview. The I wan't to save the Recording for later. It creats a ZIP-File which I extract and the I can see the *.mht-File (Edge as Standard-Program). When I open the mht-File the pictures are gone. I tried deinstalling/reinstalling, Opera and Firefox and always the same result. What's wrong????
logo.png
preview.png
mht.png
gone.png

Sajith

Reaction score
The easiest workaround i was able to find was to open the .mht file in word ( Either use the function open with and choose word or change the file extension to .doc ) But the image size will be large so you will have to resize each image to fit inside the page.
Hope it helps

Vote:

LukeBaron

Reaction score
The easiest workaround i was able to find was to open the .mht file in word ( Either use the function open with and choose word or change the file extension to .doc ) But the image size will be large so you will have to resize each image to fit inside the page.
Hope it helps
I found that just moving the image up one makes it the right size

Vote:

LukeBaron

Reaction score
I'm surprised this has not been looked at yet. Has any one found any other applications or fixes to this issue.. I work in Schools and find it nice to have that extra bit of material to go along with their notes when I guide them through various issues.

Vote:

alisha.work.learn.

Reaction score
Hi Forum
I came across a strange situation regarding the Steps Recorder (PSR) from Windows. I have a German Windows 11. I've used it frequently before with Windows 10 and I never had this problem. The PSR works fine and when I finish recording I can see the pictures in the preview. The I wan't to save the Recording for later. It creats a ZIP-File which I extract and the I can see the *.mht-File (Edge as Standard-Program). When I open the mht-File the pictures are gone. I tried deinstalling/reinstalling, Opera and Firefox and always the same result. What's wrong????
View attachment 546
View attachment 547
View attachment 548
View attachment 549

I also have this issue!!

Vote:

Ask a Question