100% Disk Usage Freezing After All Steps Exhausted

jcomey

Reaction score
(I posted this in the wrong forum earlier; I apologize.)

Hi,

I have been having 100% disk usage issues over the last day or two. I have tried EVERY SINGLE THING prescribed for this issue that I have found, including HERE, HERE, and HERE. (I know there is overlap here.)

I am still getting them.

Now, I was getting BSOD issues pretty consistently, and could not nail down that issue. I did a clean install (full SSD wipe) of Win11 last week. I was still having the BSOD issues, and took a bunch of steps to eliminate that (discussed HERE; if someone can solve THAT one, I'll be forever in your debt).

In its place, the 100% Disk Usage issue has shown up.

Can someone suggest anything that isn't down the beaten path? It is happening haphazardly, with seemingly no pattern or consistency. I've looked through Event Viewer, Reliability History...nothing points to this happening. And nothing in Task Manager shows up when it does happen.

badbak82

Reaction score
to check bsod type in search "View advanced system settings"
in startup and recovery change the setting tick write an event to the system log

this will allow you to view the fault

Ask a Question