WoT is this file? (ElanTouchXiSvc.exe)

jcomey

Reaction score
I was getting a ton of BSODs recently (mainly 0xC000021A). I couldn't pinpoint the exact issue; however, there is this file, ElanTouchXiSvc.exe, that has been giving me a TON of issues.

Now, I am a research, learn, and then hopefully fix guy. So I looked this file up, to see what it is.

There are only TWO links that show up in a Google Search. That's it. Nothing else. And neither of them are of any help.

It shows itself to be a WoT Capable Device application. However, everything about it is Unknown. I did a full wipe and clean install of Win11; it showed back up. I deleted it. It showed back up. I have since disabled it, and the BSODs have stopped (and replaced with 100% Disk Usage freezes that won't stop, despite my doing seemingly everything available to fix it).

Can someone shed any light on what this is, and if I should be concerned about its' insistence on existing in my ecosystem?

Attachments

• Elan.png
    Elan.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 1
  • W0T.png
    W0T.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 1

Grizzly

Reaction score
From what I have learned so far, this is a touchpad driver or a part of it. It also may be a part of a game called "World of Tanks".
that is basically all I could find so far

Vote:

jcomey

Reaction score
That would seem to be the case...except:

1) Why wouldn't this show up in my touchpad drivers?
2) My touchpad has Synaptics Precision drivers, not Elan.

I did think about a possible correlation with the laptop's touchscreen...but it's disabled, and both my touchpad and touchscreen work. Maybe I'm thinking too black-and-white on it.

I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Vote:

Ask a Question