Fast File Copy tool Needed(windows 11)

Opalina

Reaction score
A fast file copy tool is needed for large transfers to external drives and to a PC in a local network, I found tools like Goodsync and Gs Richcopy 360, the trial versions show that both speeds up file copying so much but cannot expect everyone to purchase one of both for a similar simple task! Does anyone know of a similar free tool, which is quick, simple, and runs automatically in schedules if needed?

Please no Robocopy(I am not familiar with command line)

Opalina

Reaction score
Hi , any free back tool similar to Goodsync or Gs Richcopy 360 that can help me in this situation ? anything from your experience

crane3

Reaction score
Hi , any free back tool similar to Goodsync or Gs Richcopy 360 that can help me in this situation ? anything from your experience
Robocopy.....with the FREE Easy Robocopy GUI frontend. All "commands" can be 'entered' by just checking the appropriate box. Also can do multi-threads so that the Gs Richcopy 360 is a spam about the 'only' multi-thread copier. Can include/exclude files/folders; have excluded the crappy apple itunes putting hidden folders on my nas like '.appledesktop' onto my nas.

I think part of the trick is the mult-thread. I have my config to use 3 threads as read years ago that the number is just about optimun as much more threads slows things down. With 3 threads I have copied around 4 gig from desktop to nas at over the 1 gig lan because of the 3 threads. Same with copying from the desktop to the usb3 hdd.

I kind of remember years ago that 'richcopy' was the name given by someone in the windows internals group for a gui to copy similar robocopy or perhaps providing a combined gui robocopy. It looks to me that the 'richcopy' had the same gui as what Easy Robocopy gui front provides for robocopy; also Easy Robocopy list all the commands that you have checked in the various boxes before selecting execute.

Opalina

Reaction score
I am not here to evaluate one software over the other. My colleague stated that they use these two software to do their office migrations and said they were superior to others and affordable. However, I did not want to cough up the money so was asking about something that could be free.
The issue I have with Robocopy not only that it is command line, but I need to copy open files. Can Robocopy do that?

crane3

Reaction score
I am not here to evaluate one software over the other. My colleague stated that they use these two software to do their office migrations and said they were superior to others and affordable. However, I did not want to cough up the money so was asking about something that could be free.
The issue I have with Robocopy not only that it is command line, but I need to copy open files. Can Robocopy do that?
NO idea. Robocopy is free; gui for Robocopy is free. YOU can try i t.

Douglas

Reaction score
@Opalina , I am searching for a way to copy open files and I see you have an experience the mentioned tool "Gs Richcopy 360" .
Is it free? Is it has a portable version?

Your reply is valuable for me , Thanks

Opalina

Reaction score
Sorry Douglas for replying late, Answering your questions, yes Gs Richcopy360 can copy open files, not free but it has 3 editions, you can check which is the sutible for your case with low cost and I think it has a portable version ?

Ask a Question