Taskbar too wide

staalborstel

Reaction score
Hi there,

Recently I've been experiencing issues with the taskbar on my secondary monitor.
I have two monitors: (1) 1440p and (2) 1080p. On the 1080p screen, sometimes there appears a large amount of space beneath the taskbar, just empty space, so the actual size of the screen that is in use is reduced significantly. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

See the picture below for what I mean.

Thank you!

Kris

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, I just posted it. Looks like a bug. Mine is not as bad as yours, but one thing I noticed is that when you right-click the added space below, it appears "Show the desktop", which is just weird.

Vote:

Kris

Reaction score
I disabled and the enabled the monitor on the Nvidia control panel and it fixed it, nice!
If you don't have Nvidia, try disconnecting and connecting the monitor a few times.

Vote:

bnunemacher

Reaction score
Hi there,

Recently I've been experiencing issues with the taskbar on my secondary monitor.
I have two monitors: (1) 1440p and (2) 1080p. On the 1080p screen, sometimes there appears a large amount of space beneath the taskbar, just empty space, so the actual size of the screen that is in use is reduced significantly. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

See the picture below for what I mean.

Thank you!

I have been plagued with this issue several times and have spent countless hours researching and experimenting. I have not found a definitive and permanent solution but have eventually resolved it by these two methods:
• Update the display drivers using the manufacturers tool rather than Windows Update.
• Change the Main Display monitor in Display Settings (Right-click on desktop, then select Display Settings) back and forth among the installed monitors. Continue to do this somewhat randomly until the taller taskbar returns to its normal height. You can usually change the main monitor back to your preference after the problem is resolved.

Vote:

Ask a Question