"This PC can’t run Windows 11" error

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like there's a bug with the Microsoft utility that checks to see if your PC is compatible with Windows 11.

Most people can get Windows 11 working if they enable TPM (or fTPM)and Secure Boot - you'll need to go in to your BIOS to do this. However, some people are still getting these errors even though they meet the minimum requirements.

It looks like Microsoft are updating the tool with some improvements in the coming days, according to Steve Dispensa:

Alberrtros

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I MET ALL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR WINDOWS 11. But the tools is displaying my pc is can't run windows 11. And above all, i am unable to know what my pc is lacking. Please solve this issue.

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
Just a note, that some BIOSs call fTPM (Firmware Trusted Platform Module) PTT (Intel Platform Trust Technology). Luckily I stumbled upon someone else pointing this out before checking my BIOS. Just thought I'd mention it here. (And kudos to that unnamed person that pointed it out elsewhere.)

Bastet

Reaction score
Same here. Passes all the general requirements but fails. I turned on secure boot thinking that was the cause but re-running the tool gives then same error.
whynotwin11 program shows the Problem may be my Intel processor - it has a Question mark beside it. At least it isn’t a X.

Neelix

Reaction score
My processor doesnt meet requirements,..will there be any flexability with this?..i mean,you have a high end system,ssd,32 gb ram,and you cant upgrade?,..workarounds already for TPM issues,..

Bastet

Reaction score
I hope it’s just a case of ’it’s too early to say’ when it comes to processors.

Neelix

Reaction score
Yes,..me too,..i hope its a case of,they become a bit more flexible on it than they appear at the moment..Im guesing this is a business decision,as much as anything,..they could have just offered most of what appears to be in 11 to ten users in updates,..but then,everyone wouldnt have to go out and buy new hardware,..

This looks hopefull for less stringent requirements,..

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/...ly-reports-this-pc-cant-run-windows-11-error/

Michale32086

Reaction score
Replace the appraiserres.dll file from an official MS Windows 10 ISO to the sources/ dir of your Windows 11 install disk/thumb drive. This will allow you to install Windows 11 from a Windows 10 bootup..

I still haven't gotten it to work booting from the Windows 11 thumb drive, but it will work if you are in Windows 10...

Bastet

Reaction score
I may have to consider that. Although in reading up on various ways around problems installing Win 11 there’s one which seems if used it means you cannot update/upgrade further, unless I’ve misread something.

Michale32086

Reaction score
Ahhh.. I didn't notice that.. Yea, that's definitely a consideration...

Perhaps by the time an update comes along they will have fixed that TPM/SECURE BOOT issue..

Neelix

Reaction score
Having booted 11 up,in a VM nd had a look,..i have to say,..im more than happy to wait,..i dont want exchange this carefully set up 10,for ms,s bloated,unfinished marketing ploy,..ive got a feeling were in the good,bad,..xp,vista,8,10,..loop again,..but with 10 good till 2025,i can wait,..menu,s nice though.:)..

Michale32086

Reaction score
I set it up on my home/gaming rig which is used for Web Surfing and COD... Nary a hiccup so far, but I haven't gone much under the hood...

I plan on doing some benchmarks on Windows 10 machines I have at work and then benchmark them after a Win11 install.. I'll post the results...

whynotwin11

Reaction score
I found a tool, WhyNotWin11,

Link: https://www.whynotwin11.com

WhyNotWin11 is a tool that allows us to check whatever our Computer or Laptop can run Windows 11 or not. Unlike Microsoft’s Health Check Tool, This WhyNotWin11 Tool gives accurate information and if your PC can’t run Windows 11 then this tool will show the reason why your PC can’t run Windows 11.

WhyNotWin11.jpg

Ask a Question