Will Windows 11 run on a ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F

Kusho

Reaction score
Okay I have a ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F with an AMD Ryzen 7 1700 processor.

I already figured out my processor is not supported in Windows 11. So I need to upgrade it before I switch. But the new Ryzen 9 processors are still AM4. So I could technically just buy a new Ryzen 9 and swap out my processors. But I also see i dont have TPM. I get mixed reviews if I can enable this on this motherboard. I also checked the below fax and it seems the B350 is listed.

I'm sure my computer will run better if i also buy a new motherboard, but swapping that out is going to be quite a bit of work. Could I just buy the Ryzen 9 processor and swap that out and run Windows 11?
That is my question.

Thanks.

jvickers

Reaction score
I'm not sure what your problem is. Your motherboard has TPM, you just need to enable it, it seems. There are instructions on that page you refence telling you how to do that.

HOWEVER, if you've never worked in the BIOS or feel uncomfortable doing so, you may want to take it to a computer professional and have them set it up for Windows 11.

Vote:

Kusho

Reaction score
Ok, my old laptop that has a Celeron processor. Single Core... well that laptop is supported and is now running Windows 11. Can someone explain to me why a Celeron processor is supported but a AMD Ryzen 7 1700 isn't? Its an 8 core hyperthreaded to 16. Makes no sense to me.

Vote:

Ask a Question