This situation really sucks...

RickHaberman

Reaction score
I have four computers all under three years old and not one of them has a processor that is compatible with Windows 11. Brands are HP and Lenovo.

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
Yeah, semi-unfortunately, it's not when you buy the computers, it's if you buy a computer with the latest hardware. Some manufacturers sell outdated computers to get rid of their old stock.

Badbak

Reaction score
I have four computers all under three years old and not one of them has a processor that is compatible with Windows 11. Brands are HP and Lenovo.
Ihave a lenovo 5 years yeah said not suitable running win11 nicely run the win11 windows installation assistant tool my pc has i5intel processer

davehc

Reaction score
If you are ok with making a totally fresh install, then MS have offered a "hack" which overrides the requirements. You can, during the initial stages be offered to keep your data..etc.
The problem is that future updates, which can include third party in a few cases, may require the same criteria and screw you up (or just not permit the update) Windows 11 on several quite old computers/Laptops without any problems - and receiving updates

davehc

Reaction score
I think you may get this post rejected. There are some illegalities in altering MS proprietary software, which is not normally allowed here.
As MS themselves have offered a way to install legally, however insecure it may be in the future with subsequent updates (they say?) , to attempt other methods is superfluous.

Clintlgm

Reaction score
Yeah, semi-unfortunately, it's not when you buy the computers, it's if you buy a computer with the latest hardware. Some manufacturers sell outdated computers to get rid of their old stock.
This is true; someone needs to read the specs of the computer that you purchasing. Any new computer now that does not come with 11 installed most likely can not run it. Usually these are the cheaper computers that you're looking at. This is why I like to build my own. While I don't save any money I know exactly what I am purchasing and I'm pretty sure it will last well beyond its Obsolences

Ask a Question