Update on Windows 11 minimum system requirements

davehc

Reaction score
Could be scare tactics, but who knows. I have been running this fresh install Beta), including reinstalling my own software, for about two weeks now, without problems. and on a very incompatible laptop. Plusses and minuses, some things I like, many I do not.
On the whole, If possible, I might just as well keep it. It does everything that Windows 10 does for me (and vice versa!:eek:
One rather unfortunate biggy for me is that it cannot run Macrum. Tried a couple of internet fixes which didn't work either.
Performance? No noticeable difference

1630175560928.png
Next day:
I had a thought. Reinstalled and elected to keep all my data/settings. Macrium hiccuped for a couple of minutes, obviously looking for a new path, but now working 100%

Last edited:

102517s

Reaction score
SO
That leaves us with the "how exactly did you install Windows 11 on your system" question, when attempting to assist forum members
with problems impacting their installs.
Does or perhaps did, your system meet the minimum system requirements when you installed the OS?
I had installed Windows 11 by using a Windows 10 boost USB.

1. Burn Windows 10 Boot USB
2. Replace the Windows 10 wininstall file with the one from Windows 11.
3. Install as normal.

102517s

Reaction score
Could be scare tactics, but who knows. I have been running this fresh install Beta), including reinstalling my own software, for about two weeks now, without problems. and on a very incompatible laptop. Plusses and minuses, some things I like, many I do not.
On the whole, If possible, I might just as well keep it. It does everything that Windows 10 does for me (and vice versa!:eek:
One rather unfortunate biggy for me is that it cannot run Macrum. Tried a couple of internet fixes which didn't work either.
Performance? No noticeable difference

View attachment 90
Next day:
I had a thought. Reinstalled and elected to keep all my data/settings. Macrium hiccuped for a couple of minutes, obviously looking for a new path, but now working 100%
How did yuo get 22000.168 update? Microsoft is blocking me from updating from 160 to 168.

davehc

Reaction score
Through the normal windows updates. It is an insider preview.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There is a lot of confusing information out there.
Most of it coming from Microsoft itself.

Looks like they've put a stop to unsupported PCs even running the Insider Previews, which I had previously understood would be allowed to continue until the actual public release.

102517s

Reaction score
Update -> It's mixed messages, last night just before I was going to reinstall Windows 10 Education on Secure Boot settings I was notified with Windows 11 Update Build 22449. A few others around the block are confused and I'm not sure why the 22000.168 was not released to some people on unsupported machines. My guess is Microsoft has not finalized a complete list of supported devices that have secure boot and TPM 2.0/1.2 as they are still refining their supported processor list.

Ask a Question