Weird behaviour

arnyeinstein

Reaction score
Hi

I have some weird behaviour on my computer I never had before: Today, I noticed that in a project (that is under Git) I worked on yesterday:
  • Some subdirectories were deleted, but not all.
  • In one directory, all files with the exception of a few were deleted.
All changes have the same timestamp (today 11.30h). I was able to recover the data using recuva.

I can imagine that I unwillingly deleted a directory or the content of a directory, but not that I deleted only some directories and some files. Epecially as some of the deleted subdirectories I hadn't visited for some time.
I checked for viruses with Adaware and found nothing.
Anyone had a problem like this? Any advice?

Cheers
Renger

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Renger, welcome to the forums. I've never experienced something like that before. If it's not an accidental deletion, I wonder if your AV software detected a problem with the files and quarantined them? The only other thing I can think of is a sync problem with Git, especially if you're using a remote repository.

If this happens again, maybe set a file change log running with something like this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/filemon

Ask a Question