Windows 11 is slow

H K Kishore

Reaction score
My PC and Laptop both runs with I3 processor and 4GB ram. Windows 10 is working fine. But when I have installed Windows 11, it became a bullock cart hence immediately I have reverted to Windows 10. If the original version is also like the same, then people may dislike it for its memory hungry

ChrisRaisin

Reaction score
I think you may find that your machine may be unsuitable to run Windows 11.

Have you tested it with the PC Health Check App?
A good site which deals with this is: https://www.howtogeek.com/737021/how-to-check-if-your-windows-10-pc-can-run-windows-11/

It would probably be your i3 Processor that is the culprit. I too attempted to run it on a Tablet that ran Windows 10 fine. Windows 11 ran log an old dog when it was on board as the operating system.

Switching to a new Tablet with 10th Intel Core i7 processor (Microsoft Surface Pro) saw amazing speed and snappiness in Windows 11, and that was enough to convince me that Windows 11 is the preferred system (although Window 10 is still a nice environment) .

davehc

Reaction score
Is it possible to interpret that as an indication that a better computer gives better performance, disregarding whether it is running windows 10 or 11??
But, nevertheless, I am sure it will convince users all over the world that they need to buy a newer machine. Microsoft having shares in several major computer manufacturers, this will bring them in more revenue

CymruUSA

Reaction score
I think you may find that your machine may be unsuitable to run Windows 11.

Have you tested it with the PC Health Check App?
A good site which deals with this is: https://www.howtogeek.com/737021/how-to-check-if-your-windows-10-pc-can-run-windows-11/

It would probably be your i3 Processor that is the culprit. I too attempted to run it on a Tablet that ran Windows 10 fine. Windows 11 ran log an old dog when it was on board as the operating system.

Switching to a new Tablet with 10th Intel Core i7 processor (Microsoft Surface Pro) saw amazing speed and snappiness in Windows 11, and that was enough to convince me that Windows 11 is the preferred system (although Window 10 is still a nice environment) .
Unfortunately these days, 4GB RAM is really not enough. I understand that a machine can run on 4 but it's basically at the low, low end of the scale. This is not just a Win10/11 issue, depending on what your using, even multiple tabs in your browser of choice will eat this up pretty quickly. Cheers.

davehc

Reaction score
Horses for courses, perhaps. As said: If you haven't had it, you cant miss it. I have been running windows on a 2015 laptop, 4 gigs of ram, since that date. I am not a game player and have no heavy duty graphics desires.. Never noticed any problems
As I said in an earlier post, Windows 11 ran at about the same speed and with the same performance.

Cael diwrnod braf

critic09

Reaction score
mine works completely fine without any lag nor glitch (with Dota 2 also) .. its i3 7th gen 4gb ram with the new OS build22000.100 update ..

jvickers

Reaction score
My PC and Laptop both runs with I3 processor and 4GB ram. Windows 10 is working fine. But when I have installed Windows 11, it became a bullock cart hence immediately I have reverted to Windows 10. If the original version is also like the same, then people may dislike it for its memory hungry
There could be a lot of reasons for yours running slow. Critic09 indicates their system, which has similar stats, runs fine. Your issue could be because of how startup items you run, for instance. I'm not really finding Windows 11 to be particularly any more memory hungry than Windows 10 all things considered.

critic09

Reaction score
you should probably check that your drivers are updated to the recent.... as mention by Jvickers about the start up you should have that check too. And look at your cores too at Task Manager.. I've found out some users have face problem of running only in 1 core instead of the given number after the installation of W11.. its fixable too... I've been using it on my main system since the day of the release and its more lighter than the other previous windows..

jvickers

Reaction score
And look at your cores too at Task Manager.. I've found out some users have face problem of running only in 1 core instead of the given number after the installation of W11.. its fixable too... I've been using it on my main system since the day of the release and its more lighter than the other previous windows..
Thanks, critic09. I completely forgot that Windows likes to be stingy with cores and usually sets core usage to 1 and not the number of cores your processor actually has. I just changed mine to 8. This hopefully will speed things up some (not that I was having speed issues to begin with).

jvickers

Reaction score
Thanks, critic09. I completely forgot that Windows likes to be stingy with cores and usually sets core usage to 1 and not the number of cores your processor actually has. I just changed mine to 8. This hopefully will speed things up some (not that I was having speed issues to begin with).
Well, I changed the cores and didn't see much of a difference in speed. Also, from what I understand, Windows parks and unparks cores as necessary. I just read up on it a little more. Some recommend not to manually set the number of cores. Still, it's worth trying to see if there's a change in system performance.

thornev

Reaction score
I just did a clean install of Win 11 Home on an M.2 drive. I came from Win 10 Pro on a different M.2 drive. I have also noticed a significant slowdown particularly booting up which I was led to believe would be noticeably faster. Some Explorer listings take significantly longer to complete especially with USB drives. I checked my 8 cores and it seems when I start a large app, work is dispatched to 4 or 5 cores so it's not that Windows is running only on one core.
I checked my power settings. As I'm a desktop PC I leave everything running except I put my monitor to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity, just as I did on Win 10.
Maybe a BIOS setting? I'm running in UEFI mode for the first time. CSM is disabled. FastBoot is disabled. Secure Boot is enabled.
I have 16G RAM and an Intel i7-9700k (not overclocked) which runs at 3.6 GHz stock. Graphics is GeForce RTX 2060 Super with 6GB memory. Motherboard is ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H. So I don't believe I'm hardware-constrained.

I'm at a loss to explain the slowdown. I'll do more research but would appreciate any suggestions. Thorne

thornev

Reaction score
I've read that some people have improved performance by removing the 5GHz wifi band. My PC is ethernet so that's not it for me. I still cannot figure out what's slowing down my brand new Win 11 install.

cordycep

Reaction score
I bought a new i3 gen 10, win11 Asus laptop. It so slow with 8GB with 128SSD. Pressing mouse pad takes about 100% CPU utilization, paging key cause display tos low after pressing 4 times. youtube video runs smoothly. Checking email is so slow.,, so I return it,

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
this is very interesting my friend and i installed win 11pro on a I7 fourth gen pc 64 gb ram 12 gb graphics card 6gb ssd drive ( his gaming rig ) worked strait out of the box ? we had expected all kinds of issues as i have had with my AMD setup ? so we have been checking others with both AMD and intel rigs and it seems intel rigs have minimal issues yet AMD rigs have driver/cpu issues ?
is Microsoft trying to tell us something ?

fdegrove

Reaction score
Hi,

Worked for me as well: 2x 4th gen, one sixth gen and one seventh gen.
All have TPM module built in.

Cheers, ;)

Badbak

Reaction score
run taskmgr check all settings also startup if a lot a software is running disable in the startup menu
check for processes hogging memory

Ask a Question