Windows File Explorer problems viewing pics & time display in Windows 11

DLee122298

Reaction score
I finally upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 last weekend, and to my horror, I discovered that the exact same problem(s) that I recently experienced in Windows 11 now occur in Windows 11 as well. Even worse, for every pic that I now have to click on individually to view it rather than just being able to use the arrow buttons on my keyboard to go through a slideshow as I used to be able to do, I now get a "Open File - Security Warning" message that asks me if I'm sure if I want to open the file (just view the pic), then I get the following app installation prompt as well -

This is absolutely ridiculous, and very disappointing in Windows 11. If it can't be easily fixed, then does anyone possibly know of any free software that I could download as a replacement for Windows File Explorer? Something that can search for all my latest personal files (using a "datemodified" search) and view all the pics that turn up in the results in a slideshow rather than having to click on each individually? THANKS for any help.

Also, another thing that I find very disappointing in Windows 11 is that it won't display the seconds as well as minutes & the hour for the current time just by clicking in the bottom right corner of my screen. How can I get the seconds displayed in the time with just a simple click or two? THANKS for any helpful suggestions.

Ask a Question