Youtube cookies

cosmic52

Reaction score
Still getting youtube cookies getting through firefox private mode. I never use youtube, but cookies and site data, google has managed to
set them, no other site does this, so how does google get through?.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Cookies? I like Oreo the best.

Seriously, even my bank puts cookies on my PC, but they do no harm.
Unlike, Tracking Cookies that can definitely do harm to your security.
For several years, I've used "Super Anti Spyware" to get rid of Tracking Cookies for myself and my customers. While cleaning up my neighbor's PC one day, I installed and ran SAS (the FREE Version) and it remove 140,000 Tracking Cookies from their PC. I left the program on their PC and showed them how to run it to keep their PC free of Tracking Cookies. SAS also finds and removes Trojans.
Today, I won't install Windows without also installing SAS.
Cheers!
:cool:

cosmic52

Reaction score
And that's the damn program I've been looking for, that I use to use in the past..Thanks

RogerOver

Reaction score
Just run SAS. Didn't find any malware, nor a single cookie. And I have three disks (two internal and one external) and it scanned everything.
So what ?
... Uninstalled it immediately after running it !

And the mentionning of "Oreo" ?
Is this publicity / lobbying ?

Sorry, but what are you talking about ?

cosmic52

Reaction score
Not the answer I was asking for really. I'm trying to find out why does firefox allow google youtube to set cookies in private mode and not any other site. I never use to get this in private mode and I don't why it's happening now, and I find I'm signed into google youtube when I don't use it at all. If anyone has an answer, please let me know me know.

RogerOver

Reaction score
I can reproduce this (because I use Firefox).
Nice find !

[If you live in Europe, you may now ask Youtube and any other site who transferred your personal data obtained through not technically necessary "cookies" to any third person to give you the exact address and telephone number of any third person to whom the cookie setter (Youtube in this case) has sent your personal data: https://insightplus.bakermckenzie.c...whom-their-personal-data-has-been-disclosed_1
(decision of the EU Court of Justice of January 12, 2023, published three days ago].

cosmic52

Reaction score
I have this funny feeling that firefox are to blame for youtube cookies getting through, it happens every time a webpage has a video or reference to google or youtube and sometimes when the "Use google to sign in" pop up appears on websites you don't belong to.
There seems to be complaining on firefox forums about it.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
@cosmic52
"I've since changed to Startpage and everything is clear."

Been using it, and installing it for friends and customers, for several years.
Private browsing is "Cool".

The only reason anyone could run SAS and find nothing is failure to run the program properly.
I can browse the internet for five minutes, and then run SAS and it will find at least a half dozen Tracking Cookies. Success or failure with a program like that, is all in the Setup.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
you can still use "cookies "by default even in InPrivate / Invisible mode .. you can change those in the settings to dis-allow the cookies to be presented in private mode ..

yodap

Reaction score
I've since found out, that it's duckduckgo search engine that is putting the youtube cookies on. I've since changed to Startpage and everything is clear.
Has Google bought DuckDuckGo or something. YouTube is owned by Google and DuckDuckGo is the competition. Your cookies are coming from every site you visit, just clean them out once in a while.

cosmic52

Reaction score
In private mode in firefox, no cookies are meant set,but googles youtube begins to set them somehow..I don't know if it's firefox being lazy or they've altered the settings in their update to allow this or it's the sign in with googles pop up on so many sights. The sign in has only just started as of late or it's when you sign into google mail.

Ask a Question