Help! FPS drop of 30 since Windows 11 upgrade.

MStewart40

Reaction score
Hopefully someone has an answer to problem, I finally took the bait and upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and knew I would regret it, and so far, it has proved true. I am running a system with
CPU- AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
GPU- GeForce RTX 3080Ti updated to latest drives Jan 24th 2024.
Ram- 64GB
HP Reverb G2
Open XR
I only play flight sims in VR, with windows 10 I was getting a solid 90fps, upgraded to windows 11 now I'm frozen at 60fps, which in VR doesn't work! When I first upgraded to 11 my frames sucked but I tried everything I could find on Youtube, I did the whole registry DRV settings to 0 and it seemed to help. I have been away from my pc for a week or so and turned it back on It's locked at 60FPS and no matter what I try I can't seem to get it back to 90fps. Thank you for any help.

Sir_George

Reaction score
Hopefully someone has an answer to problem, I finally took the bait and upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and knew I would regret it, and so far, it has proved true. I am running a system with
CPU- AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
GPU- GeForce RTX 3080Ti updated to latest drives Jan 24th 2024.
Ram- 64GB
HP Reverb G2
Open XR
I only play flight sims in VR, with windows 10 I was getting a solid 90fps, upgraded to windows 11 now I'm frozen at 60fps, which in VR doesn't work! When I first upgraded to 11 my frames sucked but I tried everything I could find on Youtube, I did the whole registry DRV settings to 0 and it seemed to help. I have been away from my pc for a week or so and turned it back on It's locked at 60FPS and no matter what I try I can't seem to get it back to 90fps. Thank you for any help.
Just a guess, maybe the new GPU driver has an issue. Try rolling back to the previous one. Also, did you download the new driver from Nvidia? The current downloads are provided by Nvidia at the following site and you can use the "Automatic" download link or enter your cards specs to see the version number.

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question