3 new unfortunate things I've discovered since upgrading to Windows 11

DLee122298

Reaction score
Hi -

I'm not sure I'm posting in the right category, sorry if I am, but here are 3 unfortunate things I've discovered since I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 a couple months ago -

1. No seconds in the time display, only hours & minutes - How can I get the seconds to display easily with just a click or two?
2. No "Show Desktop" feature - How can I show the desktop easily with just a click or two?
3. Sleep mode no longer works - How can I get my Dell PC to go into sleep mode when I'm not using it? I've tried by using the "Start" button, but when I click on the sleep mode function, it simply doesn't work. What's wrong?

Please help - it would be very appreciated. Thanks!

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi,
for (1), go to “Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Taskbar behaviors", scroll down and click on "Show seconds ..."
for (2) on the extreme right of the taskbar, there should be a very small vertical bar (if you don't see it, neverthess) click there; this should show you the desktop.
for (3): frankly speaking I do not know, but I found this on the net: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-26f623b5-4fcc-4194-863d-b824e5ea7679
Good luck !

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
2. That feature was Peek on Win10, now is Show Desktop. Setting is reached by right-click of the Taskbar, Taskbar settings:

1704811994357.png

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
For number 1 .. all latest Windows 11 (23H2) have clock seconds diplay under taskbar settings ..
For number 3 .. just goto RUN command and type Control Panel .. there you can see classic panel ..

1704851852799.png

Vote:

Ask a Question