Blank square on desktop.

mjj4golf

Reaction score
I am running W11 and there is a blank square about the size of a popup information window. Ther is no outline around it but beveled or a shadow unde it. The square or window takes on the characteristics of the the current screen being worked on -- be it a desktop, application, or even Youtube. It's like camoflauged within the window currently being viewed. It is also on the lower left hand side and when the cursor is over the box, the cusrsor turns to an hourglass. I am thinking it may be a virus. I looked in Task Manager for a appl or process that migh be causing the problem, but was unsuccessful. Any ideas would appreciated-- mavbe a way to determine what's doing it.
mjj4golf

Badmouse

Reaction score
Never mind. Found the appl that was causing the issue. Thanks.
Hi, would you care to share what you found and how you resolved the issue? I have the same problem you described but I can't figure out how to fix it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

Vote:

Ask a Question