Cannot get rid of onedrive folder

davehu

Reaction score
One setting up my new computer I did not want to use Onedrive so I did not install it. But a onedrive folder remains on my system and I can not delete it. It's causing issues with many software programs that default to that folder instead of the one I want. ie:
while setting up filehistory the default "documents" folder is onedrive/documents not my own documents directory. I have run in to several other programs that it appear the addition of this folder causes problems. Every answer found on the web begins with "click on the onedrive icon in the system tray". I donot have any onedrive icon in the system tray because i did not install it. how do I get rid of this thing?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
yes you can, at first you need to take over the folder for both USER and ALL USERS (it is recommended to do it under Documents and Settings) .. see my screenshot, wait for the process finished and after that get into USER and ALL USERS categori and remove / delete the OneDrive folder :)

1669725330040.png

Attachments

• Take Ownership.reg
    4 KB · Views: 0

Vote:

davehu

Reaction score
Thank you. I'd like to try this but from your screen shot you show a "documents and settings" directory. No such directory exists on my system. I looked extensively for anything that looked remotely similiar and could find nothing. However my problem was solved by reinstalling onedrive and then unlinking it. although there are some onedrive directories in other places on my system they cause no conflicts with my own data and programs. thanks for replying

Vote:

Ask a Question