Cannot move Taskbar to top since Windows 22H2

Barney556180

Reaction score
Since Win 10 have used the documented registry key value to move my Taskbar to the top of the screen.

I just updated to Windows 11 version 22H2. It does not allow the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3 value change to '01.' After restarting Windows Explorer the registry value keeps returning to '03' and the Taskbar remains on the bottom.

Any way to force the registry change and put my Taskbar back on top?

fbc

Reaction score
Since Win 10 have used the documented registry key value to move my Taskbar to the top of the screen.

I just updated to Windows 11 version 22H2. It does not allow the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3 value change to '01.' After restarting Windows Explorer the registry value keeps returning to '03' and the Taskbar remains on the bottom.

Any way to force the registry change and put my Taskbar back on top?

StartAllBack worked best for me. The registry hack doesn't work no matter what, and Taskbar11 stopped working also.

Try Googling "third party app customize start menu windows 11" to find a list of apps on Zdnet

Vote:

pacificregmi

Reaction score
Windows 11 does not allow you to move the taskbar to the top by default. But there are a few ides that you can apply.

You can move by Editing Registry or third-party tool like Classic Shell.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
wanna try Stardock Start11?

Vote:

Ask a Question