Color display problem after upgrading to Windows 11

Michael007

Reaction score
When my computer upgraded to windows 11 I noticed that the desktop has a washed out look but I resolved this by using a higher contrast theme. I don’t know if it’s related to that but recently I noticed a problem with the way it displays colours.

I received an email (using thunderbird) with the font in various colours but hey were all displayed in black. Reading the same email on a windows 10 Pc and an android phone showed the colours correctly.

When using Word and changing the fort colour it shows it all in black. Saving the document and opening it with Word on a windows 10 pc and the colours are correctly displayed.

I have noticed colour display problems in other application as well. For example with Google maps (both the app and the website) the Zoom + / - buttons cannot be seen. They are there but seem to be displayed in the same colour as the background and cannot be seen. If you can find them they work correctly.
In this post I have coloured the text "windows 11" in red (#FF0000) but it shows in black

Colour pictures display correctly.

I have a Radon RX 560 graphics card and have installed the latest drivers from their website, but that has made no difference.
PS I do not think that it is a hardware problem. I have a clean install of Windows 11 on a separate disc on the same PC, colours display correctly on that

Last edited:

Michael007

Reaction score
I have solved the problem. There was something wrong with the display settings, probably inherited from windows 10. All I had to do was go to settings, personalisation and select a default theme. The colours were then displayed correctly and and I could customise my desktop etc as I want it.

Vote:

Ask a Question