How Do I Block Files with a Specific Extension from Being Displayed in Explorer?

jdanniel

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I’d like to temporarily prevent any files with the .SRT extension from being displayed anywhere in Windows 11 Explorer. I’ve done some research into this, but so far, I haven’t met with success.

This site came close to what I was looking for, but it didn’t seem to work:

https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10... To Show or,types option in Advanced settings

Is there a relatively simple way to do this? If so, what’s the most practical procedure for it? Is it even possible?

Thank you. J. Danniel

bryce

Reaction score
if you cant do it for all .srt you could set a selected set of files (.srt) with a "system" or "hidden" file attribute. in a command prompt, "c:\folderx\>attrib +h *.srt" you could creative by doing a "dir" of all srt in subdirs etc then outputting to a txt file then editing each line by adding the attrib command line or if all srt is in a set of subfolders, you could just add the /s I.E. "c:\folderx\>attrib +h *.srt /s"

Vote:

Ask a Question