I need a specific IP address to access my work files work from home

jas112

Reaction score
Hi,

I need a specific IP address to access my work files work from home. I am traveling soon to Europe from the USA and I want to keep my same IP address.

I can take my xFinity internet router with me if that will allow me to keep the same IP address.

How can I accomplish this using W11?

I have tried cyberghost VPN service and several others. These programs did not allow me set a specific address. Will I even need a VPN or can my goal be accomplished using just W11.

I will pay for Technical support if required and someone can tell me where to go.

Thank you.

jas112

Reaction score
The ISPs in my area will assign specific/static IP addresses but at an additional cost.
Thank you for your reply. The problem is that I will be traveling overseas and using different ISP I each country.

Your method works using the same ISP in same country/city. I would have to carry my ISP Router with me and connect using it, correct?

I need to carry IP address with me.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I would have to carry my ISP Router with me and connect using it, correct?
It may depend on which ISPs you connect to so as to get Internet Service and what they allow. A Router is usually set up as specified by an ISP, what one subscribes to.

As to getting access to your data one possibility is to get a Domain Name registered, find a nearby Hosting Service, create the Web pages and upload them to it. Then one could copy needed data to the Server which can be passworded and logged into when needed, transfer data to and from it. It would be similar to using DropBox, OneDrive, iDrive, Google Drive or other online storage.

Along with your computer you could also use any computer with Internet service, just don't leave the login data on a foreign computer [I have a Domain and do it with my E-Mail/Webmail provided by my Hosting Service].

Vote:

Ask a Question