Copied links open a browser search page and not the designated site.

SnakeWithApple

Reaction score
I am still using Windows 10 – And that's also wierd (see below) as I thought I'd selected a forum that dealt with different operating systems.

I have copied urls from the address bar of a web browser into a word document, but when I copy the url from the word document into the address bar, what I get is a browser search engine search result that has links into the the site I want, but it doesn't take me directly into the site as it should.

I have tried swithching browsers but I get the same result – a search engine result as though I'd typed a general search for the site, so my next step is to select one of the listed links to enter the site that the url address should have taken me directly into. What happens is that when click into the address bar and choose 'Paste and go' the url goes into the search engine, and so I get search results, or other times I just get search results although the url hasn't changed.

If I hold the cursor over the url and press control and click, I can get directly to the page that I intend to, but I have to select 'Skip Verification' in the dialogue box as it states that, Verification of this link failed due to an error.

The links from the documents will be needed by other users on other computers, although I imagine that this problem is only occurring on my computer, but as yet, I dont know for certain.

I have cleared my history, but it hasn't worked.

Ask a Question