Could W11 Workstation 6 plus cores cause fault with NIC but not WiFi?

brucemc777

Reaction score
Thank you VERY much for your consideration; i definitely need help of those smarter than i-

As i am not making any progress at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-support/31a62525-096e-4cc1-91f0-8082ef183dda i wish to post almost the same question here for your consideration, but instead of "How do i contact upper level MS support", i would like to provide the following information and ask if it is more probable that the issue is with the OS, as in the first of the last five options i offer near the end of the following, if it would be with one of the last four of the five options, or if there are any additional options i have not considered-

System info is at the end-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  1. With a wired internet connection Outlook will fail to send emails very frequently (almost always) over a Microsoft Exchange connection, especially if they have attachments. I use three email accounts - two are through Exchange servers and one is with Apple iCloud. The fault is with either/both MS Exchange account(s).
  2. The same email will send without issue from either:
    1. Using a WiFi connection on either Exchange Account, or
    2. From the wired connection if i switch the sending address to my Apple iCloud address.

Since this problem started in early December when i installed this new Dell Precision 3650 Tower i have:
  1. Reinstalled Outlook (numerous times)
  2. Ran emails from the web interface without issue
  3. Connected an old laptop (it had to run about three years' worth of updates) and that ran and sent emails with large attachments from Outlook through both MS Exchange accounts without issue.
  4. Ran Outlook in Safe mode
  5. Deleted as many directories i could find (normal and "hidden"), and deleted about every registry value that had the word "Outlook" in it.
  6. Made numerous adjustments to my ip address, gateway address and DNS servers so the wired was identical to the WiFi, under the extensive supervision of Dell tech support.
  7. Have had MS365 support remote into my computer numerous times.
  8. Run SFC (several times on various occasions).
  9. Ran a Repair for W11
  10. Reinstalled Windows (a couple of times)
  11. Created more Outlook Profiles than i care to count (multitude of times at different occasions)
  12. Run Outlook with both Defender and Malwarebytes (my only firewall/malware programs previous to installing Glasswire) turned completely off (with and without reboots).
  13. Wiped out and replaced the prior Outlook accounts (that appear to be stored on the servers)
  14. Wiped the OS disk entirely clean (well, re-partitioned and reformatted it), then re-installed Windows 11 and MS365.
  15. Dell replaced the motherboard (i am using the on-board NIC)
  16. Tried three different cables from the router to the computer
    1. Prior Cat 6 that was working perfectly
    2. New Cat 6
    3. New Cat 8
  17. Have had Verizon FIOS run multiple tests and updates
  18. Replaced the Verizon FIOS router with a new one
  19. Replaced the cable from the wall to the router with a new one.

I have spent days with MS365 tech support, along with GoDaddy, Verizon and Dell tech support, and probably too many other items that escape enumeration at this time. I can only think of five items left that might be the issue (other than govt or extraterrestrial intervention, which we will table for the time being):
  1. Windows 11 for Workstations with 6 or more cores (I have only used Windows Pro prior, last was W10 Pro up to the point of swapping in the new computer).
  2. Xeon CPU (Never had a Xeon CPU)
  3. BIOS flaw
  4. Chipset issues
  5. Inherent flaw in the motherboard manufacture (please remember that Dell did swap in a new MB).
Unfortunately, to swap the old computer back in is not an option (from which i NEVER had issues sending emails, same connection), but given Outlook performed fine on the old laptop that i tried (as cited hereabove), i doubt the old computer would yield any new information.

My focus on these five items above is because the prior computer i was running under Windows 10 Pro which did not have a Xeon processor had no issues; i only replaced it because it was something around 13 to 15 years old so it was relatively slow.

Since it appears that ALL tech support resources with each of the four companies above named have abandoned me, i wish to define the most likely culprit and demand a higher level of assistance. It seems reasonable that i can strike Verizon and GoDaddy at this point, so the weight falls upon Microsoft or Dell. With Microsoft, the issue, as far as i can only tell, must fall as an incompatibility betweenwith the OS or Outlook and the Dell hardware. With Dell, we have the potential that the hardware they supplied is not compatible with an installation of W11 Workstation 6+ cores and/or Outlook on a wired connection or by the means of items 2 through 5, or, perhaps, something i have not considered.

Could someone who really knows what they are doing provide me with some guidance here please? Someone's tech support is improperly hanging me out to dry, not taking responsibility, which i find very offensive and an act against everyone.

I certainly can continue working via WiFi, but i'd rather be wired after spending the money!
Device nameRafiki
ProcessorIntel(R) Xeon(R) W-1370P @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID3B3F6463-0503-4BE7-98A5-45740BA2A2F5
Product ID00391-50000-00000-AAOEM
System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touchNo pen or touch input is available for this display
EditionWindows 11 Pro for Workstations
Version22H2
Installed on‎12/‎28/‎2022
OS build22621.1105
ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0