Windows security problem W11 194 Release preview.

tpl

Reaction score
I tried to open Windows security this morning and I got a popup saying find an app in the WIndows store. No such thing of course.

So I ran scannow which did find some corrupted files and fixed them ( I had not noticed anything wrong anywhere) Re booted and still cannot open any part of Windows security.
Task managers shows or seems to show that Defender is running so I guess I could wait for a new release but 194 is supposed to be the official release next Tuesday.
My other machine in the DEV branch of Insider opens Windows security just fine.

I am wondering about going back one release and see what happens.

tpl

Reaction score
reloaded the PC from the 194 ISO keeping all my apps and files. Still can't open Windows security. Scannow finds no problems of course as it is freshly installed.

tpl

Reaction score
Nope the regular version. Very strange. I will assume that Defender is working and we will see what happens on the 5th.

I see they have improved the ‘install keeping your files and apps’. Reinstall as it now reinstalls everything except the old Windows solitaire games!

tpl

Reaction score
Submitted the problem to Feedback. Got a reply this am. Essentially it provided a way to reinstall the security stuff, well at least the parts that were not working. Seems the problem had occurred in previous W11 builds.
I executed the answer and Lo and Behold it is all fixed.

Ask a Question