Default browser

RTBTATRT

Reaction score
Even though I think I've done everything right, for some bizarre reason, Microsoft Edge is now my default browser. In Chrome, I selected Google Chrome as my default browser. In the Windows 11 Control Panel, I selected Google Chrome as my default browser. But in the last week, suddenly every time I click on a link in an email message, it defaults to Microsoft Edge, which I do not like. This is very annoying. Does anyone have a suggestion which will resolve this new issue, which popped up about a week ago.

Bighorn

Reaction score
I've noticed the pop-ups about setting Edge as default [versus Firefox] every time there's a change/update to Windows no matter how seemingly small.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Oh boy! You really don't want my answer, but here goes anyway....
Uninstall Chrome. Install Firefox and when it asks you if you want it to be the Default, say YES!
Problem solved.:ROFLMAO:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Oh boy! You really don't want my answer, but here goes anyway....
Uninstall Chrome. Install Firefox and when it asks you if you want it to be the Default, say YES!
Problem solved.:ROFLMAO:

I have tried installing Chrome for client software test purpose of features and did the same way as yours but after few restarts, Windows reverts back to Edge as default browser.

I don't know if its a glitch that Microsoft forcing users to use Edge as browser in their system, but then after software testing done, I uninstalled Chrome, I am using Edge as daily use browser since there's nothing much difference (both are Chromium platform) and Chrome is a memory hogging culprit :D

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
My first experience with Chrome is when I found it on clients PC's, and it appeared to be trying to take over the PC.
I would ask my client "do you use Chrome?" and they would reply "what's that?". That was my first clue, that something terribly wrong was going on.
They didn't ask for it, or install it, or even know what it was. So I'd UN-Install it, clean up their PC and depart.

To me, Chrome was no better than a Virus, sneaking into someone's PC and trying to just take over.
So I treated it just like I would a Virus! DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!
And I don't care a lot for the Google search engine either. Everything you look at on the internet, every place you go, and everything you do, becomes a permanent part of Google's database on you. And they don't keep it a secret!
When I first discovered that, I went searthing for some SAFE Search Engine, that would not record everything I did on the internet. I found what I was looking for, in "Startpage.com". It's a FREE, SAFE and Confidential Search Engine. It works equally well in Firefox and Edge.

Ask a Question