Unable to set default email

IH784

Reaction score
Good morning,

I’m new to windows and am have an extremely difficult problem changing (I assume) my default email address. I’ve changed it in accordance with all the tutorials and help suggestions online. What is happening is when clicking on an attachment or link to share-email recipient Microsoft mail continually pops up with an alert telling me my 360 pass has expired. What I’d like to happen is when I click on share with email recipient, I’d like to use gmail or outlook or anything but what I’m not able to use.

Sir_George

Reaction score
Good morning,

I’m new to windows and am have an extremely difficult problem changing (I assume) my default email address. I’ve changed it in accordance with all the tutorials and help suggestions online. What is happening is when clicking on an attachment or link to share-email recipient Microsoft mail continually pops up with an alert telling me my 360 pass has expired. What I’d like to happen is when I click on share with email recipient, I’d like to use gmail or outlook or anything but what I’m not able to use.
The link below provides instructions on how to change the default email client.

Vote:

IH784

Reaction score
The link below provides instructions on how to change the default email client.

You’re right. It does. However, whenever I click the “send to: mail recipient” option… Microsoft mail opens. I’ve changed, toggled, repaired, reset, uninstalled and reinstalled and can’t get that to change.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
You’re right. It does. However, whenever I click the “send to: mail recipient” option… Microsoft mail opens. I’ve changed, toggled, repaired, reset, uninstalled and reinstalled and can’t get that to change.

Default mail client in Windows will redirect you to "browser" mode, unless you have specific application installed. IMHO kindly install Mail application (as per screenshot below), this app supports GMail, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail and Outlook itself.

Configure it to send / receive as GMail ..

1684810791838.png

and set the feault client as below at APPS -> DEFAULT APPS -> MAIL (select the above installed Mail app)

1684810879818.png

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Also another important note, kindly take note that Windows Mail is no longer standalone .. it will redirect to "Newly Built" Outlook PRE (the interface is similar to web version Outlook Mail) .. which is totally different version from the one in Microsoft Office.

1684811402036.png

Vote:

IH784

Reaction score
Good morning,

THANK YOU! I downloaded the “Mail” app that’s identical to the one you selected. When I go to Apps->default apps->mail, the actual “Mail” app I downloaded is not an option to be selected as a default. There is an option on the .eml to “choose an app on this PC”. The Mail app is not listed anywhere except in its own “Mail” app.

Thank you again for your help!

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
It's okay, since the 3rd party Mail app doesn't work properly use (as per screenshot below), however the built-in Mail also supports GMail, Hotmail and Outlook itself but not AOL and Yahoo Mail at the moment .. yes I have been using the built-in Mail & Calender app in the W11 and currently it has been upgraded to Outlook PRE automatically ..

May you try this option to ease since .EML other in the bottom row extension supports :)

1684845774667.png

1684846573835.png

Vote:

Ask a Question