Disconnect bluetooth device without unpairing?

Grunners

Reaction score
Hi, new to Windows here!

I have both a 'Microsoft Modern Mouse' and an Apple MagicMouse. Both automatically connect when the laptop's bluetooth is on, and I assume cancel each other out as neither then work.

On MacOS you can disconnect a bluetooth device without completely removing it from the paired list (and having to set it up all over again next time you want to use it). I've tried turning the mouse I don't want to use off (though the MagicMouse shows as connected even when off or out of range (?!)), but this doesn't seem to help.

There is surely a way to disconnect (temporarily) rather than remove device (permanently)?

Thanks in advance!

cmadparty

Reaction score
Hello - is there an answer to this question? I have a setup with a bluetooth keyboard that I'm sharing across devices and it's not a multi-device keyboard. I'm looking for a way to disconnect it from Windows 11 without unpairing the device each time. If not in Windows, would there perhaps be a third party utility that can do this? Thanks.

Vote:

Ask a Question