External USB keyboard stops working on Windows 11 laptop

HVAK

Reaction score
I have an external USB keyboard connected to my Windows 11 laptop and it stops working. Sometimes it will work if I disconnect it and reconnect it. It works fine on my Windows 10 PC

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :).

Which model keyboard is this please, and is it wired?

Does it stop working after it has been left for a short period of time, or will it stop working even in the middle of using it?

Vote:

HVAK

Reaction score
It is a Logitech G213. It will stop working in the middle of typing something. Yes it is wired and I tried connecting it directly to a USB port on the PC - no change. I have opened a ticket with Logitech but no response from them yet.

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear you managed to resolve your issue.
Thanks for posting back and letting us know.

I was going to suggest, check the power management tab for the devices involved to make sure that Windows wasn't turning them off to save power.

Capture1.png

Vote:

oom_anto

Reaction score
same problem here,
Glad to hear you managed to resolve your issue.
Thanks for posting back and letting us know.

I was going to suggest, check the power management tab for the devices involved to make sure that Windows wasn't turning them off to save power.

View attachment 178

it doent work.The external USB keyboard is detected, but it wont turned on

Vote:

DatFairladyZ

Reaction score
Same here, it sees my USB keyboard then it turns off within a couple of seconds. My USB mouse has stopped working as well, but only on the Windows 11 computer. Not all devices have a power management tab. How can I turn this stupid "feature" off for good?!

Vote:

nEON

Reaction score
I got similiar issue - in Win10 external USB wire Keyboard working normally, in W11 It laggs sometimes
- after around 200-300 strokes, it stopped, then multi wrote same stroke 15 times and skip "meanwhile strokes".
I tested it with 3 diferent USB wired keyboard and it did same(some old stuff Geniues/MS/Logitech).
No problem on AlienWare 17 R5 with Dell KB522p and Alienware mouse Advanced AW558 on WinX
on same machine on w11 keyboard lagging (multi letter then lost strokes)

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
last update messed up my on-screen keyboard on my 2 in 1, I updated my Microsoft mouse and keyboard driver, now all is working fine. The few issues I have had with Win11 I have found is driver related.

Vote:

Ask a Question