Failing Office 2013 installation

Greg DC

Reaction score
I am experiencing popup messages that my computer is trying to install Office 2013. It fails because it can not find all of the files it needs. I have not tried to install Office 2013 on this computer since I have been using Office 365 for some years now. I can see the app in the applications list, but it will not successfully uninstall it, and it gives no reason for failure.
How do I stop this?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Office 2013 for sure and perhaps other versions as well had a nasty habit of placing some unnecessary rubbish in the Task Scheduler.
Open task scheduler and check
Click start and type task scheduler
Click it in the search results and expand the Task Scheduler Library and Microsoft and Office.
Look through the tasks, it may be difficult to differentiate between those placed there by your current Microsoft 365 install and those which might have been produced by 2013.

If you find one or more you can simply right click it and choose disable or delete.
I'd go with disable and see if that resolves the problem.

Vote:

rubyg109

Reaction score
similar and hope you can help... every time I try to open an office program and click to accept the license agreement the window disappears and the program closes. I open again and the same thing happens...

Vote:

Melvin111

Reaction score
Hi rugby109. I just got a Microsoft SurfacePro8, and I was running into exactly the same thing you describe. I logged out of the annoying Microsoft account the device is set up by default to have you create upon start up. So after logging out, the Surface Pro had me create a local administrator account. I uninstalled Office 2013 and then reinstalled it; this time successfully. I hope it works for you too. I also uninstalled Office365; not sure if it had to be uninstalled for Office 2013 to work.

Vote:

Ask a Question