Forum ownership

davehc

Reaction score
I think the owner has gone, for whatever reason, Last post in June last year. Probably allowing for the lase to run out and then finished. Ditto on the Windows 10 forum.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
If it GOES away, it won't be the first forum to disappear!
The first one to die on me was the "Lockergnome" forum, some years ago.
Then the Windows 8.0 forum, where I was a moderator, was killed off by its Chinese owners.
They just got tired of paying the Server fees.
I even had my own Forum, for some time till my Webmaster didn't pay the server fees, and my forum disappeared! Oh well!

Nothing lasts forever.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Actually, a solution would be for each version of Windows to have its own section in the forum.
That way people who have been around a while could answer questions relating to older OS's as well as newer OS's.

davehc

Reaction score
Actually, a solution would be for each version of Windows to have its own section in the forum.
That way people who have been around a while could answer questions relating to older OS's as well as newer OS's.
? How will that solve the problem of the missing owner??

Bighorn

Reaction score
Depends upon who designs and who wants to pay the hosting bill. From a different site:

1710946432200.png

Shintaro

Reaction score
? How will that solve the problem of the missing owner??
I would say that the viability of the site would be linked to the traffic.
So if the site has a lot of traffic the owner may be more interested.

davehc

Reaction score
I cannot disagree with that. But the traffic has to be created from the start. These two sites came on the scene a little too late to get in on the act. There are already one or two, now well-known sites, where the traffic is continuous.
Another factor is enquirers response when they post a problem. It has to be quick, or they move on.
I was a very early moderator on these forums, and then, in good communication with the site owner. At the time it could be more than a day before a poster got an answer. Improved considerably now, but, my opinion, too late.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Then we are to assume that this forum has indeed Changed Ownership?

It's always good for the members to know that kind of information.

I look forward to such an announcement!

Shadow :cool:

davehc

Reaction score
Just poking around for more detail, and I find that the lease on both of these sites is paid up for two more years.

davehc

Reaction score
Hi, we will come up with an official announcement soon regarding the new ownership. Thank you :)
OK. Assuming this is not a spoof:). You have apparently used the known owners credentials. But, I am sure we are all interested. Is Ian ok but just wishing for out?

Ask a Question