Google annoying finger print

cosmic52

Reaction score
Is there anyway to stop the google sign in with finger print message on the computer, Lord knows I'm fed with all the bloody sign in with google pop ups on nearly every site.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Yes, same as me .. its because the Passkey feature is turned on in the user's Google Account (similar to 2FA authentification) .. once enabled, Google applications will trigger Windows to activate built-in biometric sensor to execute succesful login .. similar to smartphones ..

But, I never turned it off because its not a problem for me :D

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Supposedly .. since the updated version of Whatsapp and some other applications are requiring and will going to implement Passkey as an alternative for passwords and 2FA's, we have to deal with it anyway unless "disable" the Passkey feature from the vendor themselves ..

Why not try to choose "Remember This Computer / Device" option as this method will not ask future Passkey requests until we try to forget the saved machine / devices? .. because the Google account on my machine didn't ask for it after that 🤔

Vote:

cosmic52

Reaction score
Pass key is no good on a computer or laptop xploit. It doesn't give you a choice , it just says "Lets Go". It's just another annoying thing google has come up with, as for giving your finger print to a commercial business, there's no way I would do it to be honest. The other option would mean leaving cookies in your browser, something else I'm not fond of. Even if you could do it, google will still niggle you with security questions every other week.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I have run through some solutions while I was free yesterday after work, are u running Chrome in the computer as well? if yes, please try below guide;​
  1. Open Google Chrome.​
  2. In the Omnibox or address bar, type “chrome://settings/” or open Settings via the three dots menu.​
  3. Look for “Autofill and Passwords,” and go to Chrome’s Password Manager. You can also directly visit it by typing chrome://password-manager/settings into the address bar.​
  4. Toggle off the “Use Windows Hello when filling passwords” option, allowing Chrome to use Windows 11’s security feature when auto-filling passwords.​
  5. Relaunch the browser.​
1697681296882.png

As you probably know, using Windows Hello to protect saved passwords could significantly increase Chrome’s security on Windows 11. You can follow the same process to turn on Windows Hello for saved passwords and relaunch the browser when required.​

Vote:
Reaction score
Sorry to interject here, but you most certainly do have Google associated with, what I assume is your MS account since your on a PC. It's some where otherwise you wouldn't be getting those google pop ups.

Good luck.

Vote:

cosmic52

Reaction score
There's nothing on my computer of anything to do with google..The pop up as you say, is google asking me to use a finger print to get in to my email account. I have no assosiation other wise on my microsoft account.

Vote:
Reaction score
I use Google pretty much exclusively, email , browser, most of the apps on my phone. I don't get those pop ups.

That said, do you have 2FA turned on for MS or google. If not do you have a biometric reader installed on your PC or an external device

Other than that I'm out of ideas.

Vote:

cosmic52

Reaction score
Stopped as soon as it started..It's a security idea from google, like the lets keep your account safe stuff. And everyone gets those.

Vote:

Ask a Question