Having to update the graphics driver through Device Manager each time I startup my PC to avoid screen flickering

Fxsui

Reaction score
Why is it necessary for me to update the graphics driver through Device Manager each time I startup my PC to avoid screen flickering, especially noticeable when playing games? I tried reinstalling the graphics driver, but the problem's still there, please help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-08 153354.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-08 153354.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 13

Peano

Reaction score

Vote:

Peano

Reaction score
Why is it necessary for me to update the graphics driver through Device Manager each time I startup my PC to avoid screen flickering, especially noticeable when playing games? I tried reinstalling the graphics driver, but the problem's still there, please help
I had an AMD Radeon card in my previous (recently dead) PC. When the graphics got hinky, I went to the Radeon site and downloaded the latest drivers and reinstalled the card. That solved the problem for me. I see that the release date for the latest driver for your card is 11/2/2023, so it might be worth a try..

I posted this reply before, but it is being held for moderation. It included a link to the Radeon drivers site, so here's the same reply without the link.

Remove brackets for the link:
https[:]//www.amd[.]com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-7000-series/amd-radeon-rx-7900-series/amd-radeon-rx-7900xtx

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Install the original vendor supplied drivers (install it together with application itself) because this is very useful for gamers, but for normal users Microsoft supplied driver will work fine ..

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I had the same type issue with an HP Laptop 15 from 2019 with Win10 Home and Upgraded to Win11 that I was given for parts, worked with it awhile. When the screen flickered at startup I would hold the power button down for 8-10 seconds to do a full shutdown, start again and it worked perfectly until the next power feature kicked in. It has the Intel Iris Plus Graphics adapter, driver version 26.20.100.7026 from 2/25/2020. Finally on Sunday I wiped the drive completely, installed Win10, updated it then did the Upgrade to Win11, problem hasn't recurred since.

Edited to add driver version number.

Last edited:

Vote:

Fxsui

Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry for getting back to you late. I figured out the problem. It was the program Display Fusion that I had been using for multiple displays, after uninstalling it, the flickering stopped and everything's back to normal. I really appreciate all your responses, thank you all!

Vote:

Ask a Question