How can I remove Language/Keyboard layout ( which is not listed in settings )

kHellstr

Reaction score
I would like to remove ENG English (United States) from my Keyboard layout, but I can't see it in my settings? I have 4 Keyboard layouts in taskbar corner overflow, but only 3 in settings.

Anyone know what is going on and if there is a solution for that?

I would also like to keep French Langue installed, but remove the keyboard layout from the list. Is that possible? Would like to have autocorrect active for french, but don't want to have the keyboard layout cluttering my selection, as it makes changing language with Win+Space slower

1638523104011.png

kHellstr

Reaction score
Yes, but I don't actually know what I did.
IRCC They just weren't there at some point. Or I removed the French keyboard, or the whole langue from my Windows... Don't remember

Sometimes I have a long list of keyboards again, but after restart it is back to only Finish and English (UK) keyboards.

Sorry that I can't help you more.

Vote:

The_Goldberg

Reaction score
Yes, but I don't actually know what I did.
IRCC They just weren't there at some point. Or I removed the French keyboard, or the whole langue from my Windows... Don't remember

Sometimes I have a long list of keyboards again, but after restart it is back to only Finish and English (UK) keyboards.

Sorry that I can't help you more.
Thank you for the quick update about your problem

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
I am also a two language user. I am in Windows 10 at the moment, but I think the procedure is the same. Go to settings - Time and language - Language. It is all there.

Vote:

The_Goldberg

Reaction score
What is your specific problem - might help
I've previously installed the Korean "Hangul Office" software by hancom on my windows 11 laptop. Then the Korean keyboard layout got added suddenly and I couldnt remove it since then, even after uninstalling the software. I can see Korean in addition to Arabic and English in the Keyboard Layouts, however only arabic and english are there in the settings and I don't know how to remove korean.

Vote:

Ask a Question