How do I disable the recommended box on the start menu?

George59

Reaction score
I have a nearly empty recommended title box on my start menu, but I don't want to see this. I would much prefer to see more of my apps listed here instead.

Is there a way I can disable the recommended section?

Sir_George

Reaction score
I have a nearly empty recommended title box on my start menu, but I don't want to see this. I would much prefer to see more of my apps listed here instead.

Is there a way I can disable the recommended section?
To remove all the items in the Recommeded section of the Start menu on Windows 11, use these steps:
Open Settings.
Click on Personalization.
Click the Start page from the right side.
Turn off the Show recently added apps toggle switch to hide the recently installed apps.
Turn off the Show most used apps toggle switch to hide frequent apps.
Turn off the Show recently opened items in Start, Jump Lists, and File Explorer toggle switch to clear the recent files from the list.

Quick note: As you turn off this feature, the items in the Jump Lists (when you right-click the app in the Taskbar) or the Recent files section in the "Quick access" page of File Explorer will also be cleared.

Once you complete the steps, reopen the Start menu, and the Recommended section should no longer show any items.

Last edited:

Ask a Question