Include system settings, start menu layout, taskbar configuration in USMT (user state migration tool)

Bsl

Reaction score
Hey enthusiasts

I need help regarding creating user state migration tool package for windows 11 (usmt.ppkg)
I learned about this process from windows 10 forum, link here. Huge Thanks to the Author.
I was able to backup apps and drivers. It helped me a lot when preforming system reset. It saves a lot of time after reset as I don't have to re install drivers and basic software that I backed up during creating usmt.ppkg.
I used the following commands to create backup.

"scanstate /apps /drivers /ppkg c:\recovery\customizations\usmt.ppkg /o /c /v:13 /l:c:\temp\scanstate.log"

I just want to know if there is any way or extra lines of command i can add in the given command to include windows settings tweaks (like changes i made in settings regarding wallpaper, theme, privacy etc.), start menu layout, taskbar layout. Also, can i include installed windows UWP apps as well if possible?

davehc

Reaction score
Not truly an answer to your question, but, why not make a complete image with an App such as Macrium (Free)

Vote:

Bsl

Reaction score
Not truly an answer to your question, but, why not make a complete image with an App such as Macrium (Free)
Thanks for your response, sir. Macrium or other backup software creates huge backup file as they backup the whole system image, plus the backup is of old windows. usmt.ppkg helps me to reset pc with latest update with all the software and drivers that i backed up in usmt.ppkg. Plus, its lot smaller in size because it only backup the apps and drivers, not the whole system. That's why i prefer usmt.

Vote:

Ask a Question