Installing app in windows 11 without account

Mr X

Reaction score
Is there a way to install apps from the store in windows 11 without creating a microsoft account like in windows 10? Thanks!

davehc

Reaction score
I would begin by saying why not open a Microsoft account. It doesn't cost and opens other avenues.
But that is not your question.. What you can do, when you have found an App that gets your attention, is to google and see if it is available on the web. It often is.

Mr X

Reaction score
There are lots of reasons to prefer a local account. Trivially, I don't use Microsoft services. Windows 10 allowed you to install all free apps from the store without logging in.

davehc

Reaction score
I believe you needed a MS account in Windows 10 to buy apps. Others were free to use.

The main advantage, for multi device users, is the sync ability with an MS account. I confess I use this a great deal across my devices - those already running and new installations.
There is talk on the web regarding the better login security with a local account. I don' really see that.. I am sure, if a hacker were sufficiently interested, he could hack into a local user computer far easier than tackling the Microsoft servers.
fwiw. I had a quicky into the store and picked on Minecraft for windows 10.. This needs to be purchased, ie. A Microsoft account. It is freely available on the Internet - no mention of an account required.
I fully support your sentiments. I guess it is a very personal decision for each individual.

Ask a Question