Languages

dona

Reaction score
Hello, I am using Windows 11 in English and I have English CA and another language installed but in Apps installed I have an English (United Kingdom) Local Experience Pack. Is there a way to get rid of this ? I think that it comes from the las installation that I did from scratch, because, if I remember well, when I have downloaded Windows 11 ISO, for some reason, the English UK was selected instead of English US. And if I am right, when someone wants to download Windows 11 there are only two possibilities: either English US or English International, which means English UK. If this is the case, does it mean that the only way to get rid of other English than US and CA would be to reinstall Windows from scratch, being very careful to download the English US ISO ?
Thank you.

dona

Reaction score
I've seen questions and mostly the solution was reinstalling Windows. According to https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cannot-remove-language-windows-10 and other pages, the issue seems to be the base language is English and other 'flavors' can't be removed because of that.
OK this is what I have thought also.
But after installing Windows I changed the language of the OS and everything related to language (well, everything I could imagine, I can not be 100% sure that I touched the language exhaustively.

Vote:

Ask a Question