Windows 11 showing in 2 languages

A.Scadden

Reaction score
when operating system loads, it is in english like it should be the same with the browsers
when i go to things like CTRL+p it mostly is in im guessing chinese, i cant find how to change this problem as been making things very difficult

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-23 08.30.41.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-23 08.30.41.png
    392.7 KB · Views: 7

Apsaalooke Crow

Reaction score
well, "should be" is relative, your os should be in the language you chose.
so, even with magnifier it's not real easy to see either of those SS's but it is clear from the taskbar that in both images the os itself is in english.
I can't make out what is in the viewer or the app you have open that does indeed appear to be some asian text.

so, like to determine what language your os is displaying just start/ system/ and if you see english it is "like it should be"

ctrl+p is a printer command and may also be a calculator command. I guess you would have to expound for me to fathom what you intend by:
when i go to things like CTRL+p
my guess would be the language trouble is specific to app, try initiate the desired app or aps in different manners such as with mouse, start or prompt and see.
perhaps explore if there are settings specific to how those are displayed and there is always the old faithful. discard and re-install the app/s noting from source if there are language preferences/ settings.
good luck

davehc

Reaction score
May I ask. From where did you download your Windows OS - or perhaps it was an upgrade?

A.Scadden

Reaction score
Orig download was from mictosoft download site of win 11, been like this from day one including the updates, os installed as english

Apsaalooke Crow

Reaction score
wonderin if this is a geolocation thing.

could be as simple as checking your settings/ time and location

to be sure you have not articulated the actual issue clearly enough.

from what you have provided it does not at all seem anything is wrong with windows 11

pilot error?

after some thought, for you I recommend:

chose settings then scroll down system to recovery then chose to reset

Last edited:

Ask a Question