Windows 11 hanging/freezing randomly

chenjonathan86

Reaction score
Hello
I have 16 gb ram.. I only used 6gb ram but windows 11 still hangs i don know whats the reason pls help below are my specs

Model:Acer nitro 5 (AN515-57-PJ
Ram 16 gb@3200mhz
Core i711800h
Graphics card - Nvidia RTX 3060(6gb)
SSD:NVME PCIE Gen 5 (NVME WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-512G-114) (512 gb)(127 gb used)
SSD 2:NVME PCIE Gen 3(NVME Vi3000)(953 gb)(389 gb used)
Windows 11: Home Edittion

Apsaalooke Crow

Reaction score
Recent Win 11 install?

Two things that seemed to help with mine, about a week old now, was let it run a spell, Win 11 seems to be very busy doing things even when there is no app or browser open. I like to think its doing the things it must do to sort itself.

In settings/apps at bottom where you chose which apps load on startup, turn off all the apps you can.. in that only allow the apps native to the operating system to load and do a boot or two..

...then if there is anything you turned off you would prefer to load when you start your computer as opposed to fetching manually, turn them back on one at a time between re-boots noting if any of those apps are affecting performance.

I spent a fair amount of time tweaking the little things and surprisingly am loving Win 11.., mine is liquid lightning fast and smooth.

This is the first time I ever set up a Win os to be all native, so to speak, I am using edge n bing.

I did go through just about everything and configured settings to not load anything "unrequested" pretty much the norm for me anyway, ...rather than being assaulted by what big brother believes I should consume, I prefer to choose what I digest.

I find no advantage in having the "things" prompted for me and am finding everything I choose to run from start or search loads instantly even faster than if I have them pinned or background.

I still get the swirly blue thing for a sec or two now n then but rarely.

Attachments

• browserss.png
    browserss.png
    398 KB · Views: 3
  • laptopss.png
    laptopss.png
    675.2 KB · Views: 3

davehc

Reaction score
You don't mention how long you have been using windows 11. This makes help a little bit of a shot in the dark.

Are you keeping the updates going? Updates for Windows can be , often, quite large and could make you OS hang whilst in the process of installing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have 16 gb ram.. I only used 6gb ram
Can you explain that please.
Especially the "I only used 6gb ram"

Have you set "Maximum memory"?

IF you are having performance issues, why wouldn't you use all of your ram?

chenjonathan86

Reaction score
You don't mention how long you have been using windows 11. This makes help a little bit of a shot in the dark.

Are you keeping the updates going? Updates for Windows can be , often, quite large and could make you OS hang whilst in the process of installing.
I used windows 11 for about 4 months Yes and i keep my Os updated. Tks for the info

chenjonathan86

Reaction score
Can you explain that please.
Especially the "I only used 6gb ram"

Have you set "Maximum memory"?

IF you are having performance issues, why wouldn't you use all of your ram

I have not touched anything on the memory settings...btw dk where to find that....
to answer this question: Especially the "I only used 6gb ram" yes 6gb Ram out of 16 gb

Ask a Question