Local Security Authority Process

Xitans

Reaction score
Local Security Authority Process is hogging my memory and cpu. How do I fix this issue

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
(Just to say that it doesn't appear to be a wide-spread issue. For example, I just disabled an unneeded service so that my idle CPU usage went down from 2% to 1%. :sneaky: )

officeguy1986

Reaction score
(Just to say that it doesn't appear to be a wide-spread issue. For example, I just disabled an unneeded service so that my idle CPU usage went down from 2% to 1%. :sneaky: )
So what happens with me isn't just CPU. My PC will be fine up until about 10 or 15 minutes after login. Then, the LSAP will begin to excessively run with CPU spiking to about 20% and Disk Usage spiking to almost 92%. It eventually freezes the Windows system and I have to force shutdown. I have tried everything to fix this or figure out what is causing it.

officeguy1986

Reaction score
Check out this link on how to tell if the is legitimate. https://www.lifewire.com/lsass-exe-4587503. Be sure to read the whole article, because it discusses high memory usage.
The version of the file I have isn't a virus. I've verified this. This has happened to me each time I've upgraded from Windows 10 to any of the last 6 Windows 11 builds. Thanks for providing the link though to look into that possibility.

officeguy1986

Reaction score
I think I have fixed this issue! I noticed that the Dell Remediation service started before the Lsass freaking out each time. I uninstalled all of the Dell bloatware, and the Lsass process immediately went back to normal. It has been a few hours, and I haven't had this issue.

HenryTheTwelfth

Reaction score
(I was just reading yesterday about MS's stance on removing "manufacturer's" (if that word isn't used rather loosely, I don't know what is...) bloatware: Don't do it, you'll void any warranty. LOL. Umm, removing the bloatware is the very first thing I do with any new computer. It's what everyone SHOULD do. I'd like to see that hold-up in court that removing unnecessary software "voids your warranty". LOL. I really would enjoy seeing a court decision that said that. LOL)

officeguy1986

Reaction score
(I was just reading yesterday about MS's stance on removing "manufacturer's" (if that word isn't used rather loosely, I don't know what is...) bloatware: Don't do it, you'll void any warranty. LOL. Umm, removing the bloatware is the very first thing I do with any new computer. It's what everyone SHOULD do. I'd like to see that hold-up in court that removing unnecessary software "voids your warranty". LOL. I really would enjoy seeing a court decision that said that. LOL)
HAHA. Well, I never purchase more than a 12-month warranty for any of my machines, so that wouldn't matter much to me. I'm just happy the issue is resolved.

Denis

Reaction score
Hello officeguy1986 !
I have a Dell Computer and I removed all Dell Software and now my memory and processor are showing normal numbers !
Thank you for resolving this major issue !
Denis

bcg

Reaction score
Thanks! Uninstalling the Dell SupportAssist Remediation App Did the trick!

HJCohen

Reaction score
I think I have fixed this issue! I noticed that the Dell Remediation service started before the Lsass freaking out each time. I uninstalled all of the Dell bloatware, and the Lsass process immediately went back to normal. It has been a few hours, and I haven't had this issue.

I had the exact same issue and I removed Dell Remediation (I have an XPS 8940 with a 10th gen Core i9) .. The problem vanished immediately. Dell needs to improve ..

Gmnp526

Reaction score
Uninstalled all files connected to Dell Support Assist and the issue instantly went away.

philb

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my XPS15. Just removed the DELL Support Assist Remediation tool, and the problem is gone! Thanks everyone!

Ask a Question