New PC Desktop icon spacing tweak not working

johncranmer

Reaction score
I have just had a new PC - Windows 11

I cannot get the normal registry tweaks for changing the icon spacing to work. The registry values show as changed but do not have any effect.
I have tryied iconspacing values from -200 to -2000 with no effect

Any thought would be most welcome.

Sir_George

Reaction score
I have just had a new PC - Windows 11

I cannot get the normal registry tweaks for changing the icon spacing to work. The registry values show as changed but do not have any effect.
I have tryied iconspacing values from -200 to -2000 with no effect

Any thought would be most welcome.
What version of Windows are you using?

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
Sorry should have said
22H2 build 22621.1485
Rather then me trying to reinvent the wheel, check the website below to verify you are following the exact steps necessary to make the change.

My suggestion is based on me sometimes forgetting a minor detail when editing the registry and I need a quick refresher on the exact steps. If after reaffirming everything is correct...sometimes MS's updates are know to cause unexpected consequences and this may be one of those times.

Post back with an update.

Last edited:

Vote:

johncranmer

Reaction score
I have donr this on several PCs before and it always worked using the standard instructions from those links.

I have just tried again but used the numbers and - sign from the main keyboard not the number pad and it worked!!!!. I do not know it it was the change in keys - I would be surprised, or something else. Anyway thanks for the help.

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
I have donr this on several PCs before and it always worked using the standard instructions from those links.

I have just tried again but used the numbers and - sign from the main keyboard not the number pad and it worked!!!!. I do not know it it was the change in keys - I would be surprised, or something else. Anyway thanks for the help.
Nice to know you got the issue resolved.

Vote:

Ab1

Reaction score
Go to Regedit Than click HKEY-Current-User. Than click on Control Panel.
Than click on Desktop. Than on Windowsmatric en there you can do the thinks you whant/
Suc6

Vote:

Ask a Question