No TPM

celeste

Reaction score
Hello can someone help me please? I'm somewhat confused as to what this all means.

The problem is that , I guess it was after an update, each time I turn on my pc I get a notification on screen that says I have to reboot to get something new working. Looking around for what the problem is, it states my ' device security authority protection is all off'. Looking into the problem further, which is basically just flipping around everywhere, I am told that 'there is no available TPM', whatever that is. I don't know how serious this is but I guess I should fix what ever is wrong. Can someone help me???

Bighorn

Reaction score
There's 2 things in Win11 installation versus Win10, one is whether the CPU is new enough, probably last 4 or 5 years and both Intel and AMD have lists of which CPUs are supported by Win11 and the other is the TPM/Trusted Platform Module 2 security item presence. The TPM is usually part of the motherboard. The oldest machines I have that properly support Win11 are from 2019, OEMs that originally came with Win10 and qualified for upgrading. There are tips/tricks available on the Internet for bypassing those requirements and possible that error message is being generated from that.

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
Hello can someone help me please? I'm somewhat confused as to what this all means.

The problem is that , I guess it was after an update, each time I turn on my pc I get a notification on screen that says I have to reboot to get something new working. Looking around for what the problem is, it states my ' device security authority protection is all off'. Looking into the problem further, which is basically just flipping around everywhere, I am told that 'there is no available TPM', whatever that is. I don't know how serious this is but I guess I should fix what ever is wrong. Can someone help me???
The link below may provide a solution. Ignore the "Repair your Errors automatically" at the bottom of the page, it is a sales pitch!

Vote:

celeste

Reaction score
The link below may provide a solution. Ignore the "Repair your Errors automatically" at the bottom of the page, it is a sales pitch!

Hello - I don't know how to get into bios and know nothing about it so don't want to start playing with it. But I have kept on looking and it may be a driver. I started checking health etc, and noticed the microsoft Vulnerable Driver Blocklist is greyed out. I don't know how to turn it back on. Could this be the problem with TPM? Other than this all windows health scans are ok and I'm told my pc is fine.

Vote:

Sir_George

Reaction score
Hello - I don't know how to get into bios and know nothing about it so don't want to start playing with it. But I have kept on looking and it may be a driver. I started checking health etc, and noticed the microsoft Vulnerable Driver Blocklist is greyed out. I don't know how to turn it back on. Could this be the problem with TPM? Other than this all windows health scans are ok and I'm told my pc is fine.
The link below should help.

Vote:

Ask a Question