Windows doesn't boot after switching to TPM 2.0

Cpap

Reaction score
My win 10 Mesh PC says on health advisor I need to switch tpm 2.0 on but when I did this in the BIOS it caused the PC to hang and not boot up. Reverted back the BIOS and all well.
How do I set this PC and tpm issue to enable windows 11 install please?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Do you have Bitlocker enabled? Did you clear the TPM keys when switching to TPM 2.0? Also, are you using UEFI Boot Mode?

If you are not using bitlocker, I wonder if just clearing the TPM keys after switching to TPM 2.0 would be enough to let you boot in to Windows and allow W11 to re-provision the TPM.

Mrt

Reaction score
Similar issue for me, I enabled TPM 2.0 on MB and Windows update installed Win 11 without issue (multiple restarts etc.) but when I switched off and tried to reboot the following morning I just got the light blue screen with IO error and a number of recovery options that as soon as I pressed the appropiate Function key I ended up at the same screen.

After several hours of investigation I disabled TPM and low and behold it boots into Win 11 without issue, re enable it and I can't boot, yet TPM is a Win 11 requirement whats going on.

Mrt

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. No I didn't as I did not see an option in the BIOS for this and the PC health app made no mention of this requirement prior to or after enabling TPM.

I will look again.

Mrt

Reaction score
Just tried disabling CSM and enabling TPM still won't boot, exactly the same symptoms. What I don't understand is that Win 11 boots and works perfectly with TPM disabled yet its a requirement for Win 11.

davehc

Reaction score
I bypass the tpm, so I am only quoting snatches of what I have read. Although you have enabled it in the bios, you must still activate it in the windows settings. The secure boot should, I am sure, be available in the bios. Mine is.

Stay here, and I am certain a member who has been though the correct procedure will fill in for you.

Mrt

Reaction score
My issue has been fully resolved by updating my Motherboard BIOS to the absolute latest version, thanks for your input.

Ask a Question