Notification Icon / Calendar Settings

ShyGuy

Reaction score
Every time I click the notification icon (usually just a number (in a blue circle) to the right of the date/time and the number being the number of notifications you have), the calendar as well as the notifications comes up. How do you stop the calendar from coming up when you click the number? I'm clicking to see my notifications, not the calendar. I don't need to see the calendar every time I get an email or finish a download. If I want to see the calendar, I'll click the date/time, not the notifications. Plus, it displays the entire calendar but only one notification at a time; any more than one and you have to dismiss them or scroll down. Very odd. Windows 10 didn't have this issue. Windows 10 has a dialog bubble/balloon icon just to the right of the date/time that's always there and when you click it it fills the entire right side of my screen from top to bottom with only notifications (no calendar) Can I get that back?

T

Taoufik989

Every time I click the notification icon (usually just a number (in a blue circle) to the right of the date/time and the number being the number of notifications you have), the calendar as well as the notifications comes up. How do you stop the calendar from coming up when you click the number? I'm clicking to see my notifications, not the calendar. I don't need to see the calendar every time I get an email or finish a download. If I want to see the calendar, I'll click the date/time, not the notifications. Plus, it displays the entire calendar but only one notification at a time; any more than one and you have to dismiss them or scroll down. Very odd. Windows 10 didn't have this issue. Windows 10 has a dialog bubble/balloon icon just to the right of the date/time that's always there and when you click it it fills the entire right side of my screen from top to bottom with only notifications (no calendar) Can I get that back?
Unfortunately you can never disable the calendar from being popped up while clicking on the notification icon. I mean that's how Microsoft adopted this new functionality for Action Center in Windows 11 unlike that of Windows 10, in which Action Center was entirely separated from the calendar. But you can hide the full calendar box by clicking the arrow so that it only shows the date and the notifications will be systematically displayed on full screen.

ShyGuy

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I guess I assumed that down arrow was to change the month. Looks a lot better now that it doesn't show the entire calendar every time. It's always something obvious that gets overlooked. Now, I just need to figure out how to display more than one notification at a time.

Ask a Question