Win 11 start button inop and no clock in notification

rpbrown

Reaction score
I tried a customization of the taskbar and now the windows start button does nothing and I also noticed that the time was greyed out so no time in notification. I presently am using Open Shell until I can resolve this. I tried everything found so far on the web but it does not work

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I tried a customization of the taskbar
What did you use as help or a guide when you performed this customization?

I got a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of this as people experiment on their own with solutions found on the web.

rpbrown

Reaction score
"Restore Old Classi Windows 10 Style Context Menu which I got at some forum site. My bad! I remember that it was a reg file which I merged and then it happen. Or, maybe is was "StartAllBack." Thanks for the reply. I am also missing Search on the taskbar but its back with OpenShell.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}\InprocServer32]

I tried to bring it back with a - in front of HKEY

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{86ca1aa0-34aa-4e8b-a509-50c905bae2a2}]

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Restore Old Classi Windows 10 Style Context Menu which I got at some forum site.
A little over halfway down the page you'll see a link to download their little tool. ( https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/win11_classic_context_menu_hack.zip
The good thing about it, is that it includes an "UnDo" file as well so you can reverse the registry edit.
So it might be helpful to recover from that.

Additionally, I've used both StartAllBack and Start11
Both were easily uninstalled and my computer returned to Windows 11 default condition.
I am also missing Search on the taskbar but its back with OpenShell
I've no experience with that except back when it was still called "ClassicShell", so I don't know how to back out of that.

I would think that now would be a good time to get your OS back to original condition rather than heaping on layer after layer of hacks and shell overlays.
After which you might have a look at this

Super easy to install and just as easily uninstalled.
It's all I use currently.

Ask a Question